Roast Leg of Lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 5 lb leg of lamb
- Cut slits in the top of the leg of lamb every 3-4 inches, deep enough to push slices of garlic down into the meat.
- Salt and pepper generously all over the top of lamb, place several sprigs of fresh rosemary under and on top of the lamb.
- Roast at 325-350 degrees F (165-175 degrees C) until the lamb is cooked to medium well.
- Do not overcook the lamb, the flavor is best if meat is still slightly pink.