Rack of Lamb with Herb Crust
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 cup white bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the lamb, leaving the rib bones as long as possible. Leave about 1/4 inch of fat on the outside of the rack. Cut criss crosses in the fat. Combine all of the remaining ingredients. Put the lamb in a roasting pan and cook it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lamb and reduce heat to 375 degrees. Pat the bread crumb mixture on top of the rack and on the bony side to form a crust. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes. The lamb should be served very pink.