- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 lb rabbit, cut into serving portions
- 1/4 cup butter or oil
- 2 medium sliced onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Creole Sauce Preparation:
- Cook onions, garlic, and parsley in fat until onion is golden brown.
- Add tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and season to taste.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in paper bag.
- Add moist pieces of rabbit to bag, and shake until all are well-coated with the flour mix.
- Heat the butter or oil in a heavy skillet and brown meat lightly on all sides.
- Transfer the browned rabbit to a casserole dish.
- Pour the Creole sauce over rabbit, cover and bake at 325 degrees for one hour or until tender.
- Uncover and bake thirty minutes to brown the top. Makes four to six servings.