- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups leftover bread cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate or a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Brown & crumble sausage in a large skillet; set aside. Spread bread over bottom of dish, top with sausage and grated cheese.
- Beat together remaining ingredients and pour over cheese and sausage.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Source: Heritage Acres Pork