- 4 center cut pork chops, cut 2 inches thick, each with a pocket
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread cubes
- 1/4 cups dark raisins
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wipe pork chops well with damp paper towels.
- Make Savory Stuffing: In hot butter in skillet, cook onion and celery until tender; about 8 minutes. Add bread cubes; brown slightly. Remove from heat. Add raisins, parsley, salt, marjoram, pepper and apple juice; toss mixture lightly, to combine.
- Fill pockets of chops with stuffing. Stand chops on rib bones on rack in shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Pour water to 1/2 inch depth in roasting pan (water should not touch rack). Cover pan with foil. Bake chops 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake, uncovered 45-55 minutes longer, or until chops are tender and brown.