Microwave Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package of frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- 2 green onions, minced
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 large whole chicken breasts; skinned, boned, and cut in half
- 3 (1 ounce) slices cooked ham, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Drain broccoli well and put in large bowl. Add the green onions and half the cheese and mix. Pound each chicken breast to 1/4 inch and top each with 1 piece of ham and an equal amount of broccoli mixture. Carefully fold chicken in half over broccoli filling and neatly tuck ends under.
- In a pie plate or on waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, parsley, and paprika. Brush chicken with butter. Coat chicken with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in 9x13 inch baking dish. Cook loosely covered with wax paper on high power for 10-12 minutes or until fork tender.
- To prepare sauce, place remaining melted butter in bowl. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Microwave on high 3 1/2 minutes or until boiling, stirring twice. Add remaining cheese, stirring until melted. Spoon sauce around chicken.