Marinated Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Peel the zest from the lemon.
- In a food processor, process bread, cheese, lemon zest, paprika, herbs (except parsley) and cheese until combined. Empty contents into a bowl and set aside. Rinse food processor bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice into food processor bowl. Pour in olive oil and garlic. Process until garlic is minced. Pour liquid into a Ziploc bag and marinate chicken for 45-90 minutes.
- Beat one egg and add chopped parsley. Cut chicken into slices 2 inches long by 3/8 inch thick. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Saute chicken in 1/4 inch of olive oil until browned, flipping once or twice, about 2-3 minutes.