Garlic Crumbled Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 30 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 3 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of slat, hot red pepper sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Divide among two shallow, 2-quart baking dishes or pour into one large stainless steel baking pan. Add the drumsticks and coat well with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375. In a large brown paper bag, combine cracker crumbs, oregano, mustard, paprika, and remaining salt and cayenne pepper. Shake the drumsticks in the bag to coat with the crumbs.
- Arrange in 15 1/2 x 10 x 1 inch baking pans lined with aluminum foil and drizzle with melted butter. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until fork-tender and golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.