Barbecued Chicken Thighs Au Vin
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Put chicken thighs in a freezer bag. In a saucepan, heat oil and butter; add shallots and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add jelly, wine, stock, orange rind, mustard, and ginger. Heat until the jelly has just melted. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Pour marinade over chicken, close bag, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Use as a basting sauce during barbecuing.