Teriyaki Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
- 1 lb wild shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- fish sauce to taste, about 3 dashes
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed in 1/2 inch pieces
- In a small saucepan combine coconut aminos, water, sesame oil, coconut sugar,garlic, ginger and fish sauce and heat until sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While teriyaki sauce is cooling, soak bamboo skewers in salted water for at least 1 hour. This will prevent the skewers from burning on the grill and the salt in the water will season the shrimp from the inside as they cook.
- Once cooled, pour over shrimp in a glass container, add green onions and marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- While shrimp is marinating, preheat grill to high.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and add shrimp and pineapple to the skewer taking care to sandwich the pineapple in between the head and tail of each shrimp as shown in photo.
- Grill shrimp skewers on high heat for 2-4 minutes per side depending on the size of your shrimp.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.