Pistachio Crusted Halibut with Blood Orange Sauce
- 2 halibut filets
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 medium blood oranges, juiced
- 1 pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon whole Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the halibut filets in a lightly oiled glass baking dish; sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Press the top of each with the chopped pistachios and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, bring the blood orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat slightly and add the salt, honey and peppercorns. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the mixture has reduced by half and becomes slightly syrupy. Stir in the butter until melted; remove from the heat and set aside.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the blood orange sauce in the bottom of two wide, shallow plates (reserve any remaining sauce for another use). Top with the pistachio crusted fish and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving): 363 calories, 14.4g total fat, 67.3mg cholesterol, 280.4mg sodium, 959.8mg potassium, 37.1g carbohydrates, 6.9g fiber, 9.8g sugar, 25.1g protein