Orange Beef Stew
- 3 to 4 pounds of chuck roast (or any other kind of roast), cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 4 cups of orange juice
- 4 tablespoon of rapadura sugar
- 4 tablespoons of tamari sauce
- 4 tablespoons of arrow root powder/flour
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 bunches of scallions, chopped
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
Label 1 two, one-gallon freezer bags. Chop sweet potatoes,garlic and scallions, then add to freezer bags, evenly dividing the vegetables between the two bags. Add in sugar, arrowroot flour, tamari sauce, garlic and orange juice, again adding evenly to the two bags, so for example two tablespoons of garlic in one, and two in the other. Salt and pepper the meat before adding it to the bags. Mix up well and then lay bag flat and place in freezer. Day of cooking: add contents of freezer bag to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Serve with fresh salad and homemade sourdough bread, if you have it.