Mustard and Herb crusted Leg of Lamb
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Tbsp. minced garlic
- Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 5-7lb. leg of lamb
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°F and move oven rack to the center position.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, rosemary, 2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Toss in 2 Tbsp. olive oil to moisten mixture. Set aside.
- Season the rack with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large heavy oven proof skillet over high heat. Sear rack of lamb for 1-2 minutes on all sides. Set aside for a few minutes. Brush rack of lamb with mustard and roll in break crumb mixture until evenly coated. Cover the ends of the bones with foil to prevent charring.
- Arrange the rack bone side down in the skilled. Toast the lamb in preheated oven for 12-18 minutes, depending on the degree doneness you want. With the meat thermometer, take a reading in the center of the meat after 10-12 minutes and remove the meat, or let it cook longer, to your taste. Let it rest for 5-7 minutes, loosely covered, before carving between the ribs.