Makes 12-15 mini tostadas
- 1lb bison tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1-2 cubanelle peppers, sliced
- 5-7 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- paprika, to taste
- 1-2 cups salsa
- sea salt, to taste
* Use a vegetable peeler to shave the fennel and ginger.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Place the bison between two slices of parchment paper. With the flat end of a meat tenderizer, pound the bison until thin.
- Flip a regular muffin tin over and smear coconut oil on the back of each muffin tin.
- Cut tenderized bison into ciruluar pieces and drape each piece over the coconut smeared back of each muffin tin.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Transfer bison cups to a serving platter.
- Add each of the following to each cup: romaine lettuce, a slice of cubanelle pepper, a shake of paprika, a scoop of salsa and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve as an appetizer, snack or side.
- Enjoy! :)
Back to Top