Featured Chef Jen Cereghino’s
Mini Steak Medallions w/Crispy Shallots and Rosemary-Balsamic Reduction
Marinade2- 8oz Teres Major Steaks
tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
2 T. Fat (I used rendered Bacon Fat)
Crispy Shallots (recipe follows)
Rosemary-Balsamic Reduction (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large, oven-proof fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the fat. Add the steaks and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 130° to 145°F, for medium-rare to medium, and the meat is barely pink in the center, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2" slices and serve with a pink of Crispy Shallots and a drizzle of Rosemary-Balsamic Reduction. Serve with toothpicks.
Crispy Shallots3 T. Fat (I used rendered Bacon Fat)
3 Shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a medium skillet, heat the fat.
- Add the shallots in a single layer and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shallots to paper towels to drain.
Rosemary-Balsamic Reduction2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, plus more for garnish
3 T. Balsamic Vinegar
1 T. Raw Honey
- In a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar and honey until simmering.
- Simmer mixture until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.