Balsamic Pork Chops with Grilled Peaches
Ingredients for the Chops
- 2 lbs. (4 chops) boneless butterfly pork chops (2 pkgs)
- 1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Raw organic honey
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1tsp Chopped fresh organic basil
- 1tsp Chopped fresh organic oregano
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Peaches
- 2 Ripe organic peaches (Choose ones that are still firm. Peaches that are too soft will fall apart easily while grilling.)
- 2 TBSP Coconut oil, melted
Ingredients for the Garnish
- Chopped fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Add marinade to a large zip-top bag. Add pork to bag and refrigerate for 1 hour (or longer if you can), turning occasionally.
- Prepare the peaches just before you’re ready to grill. Rinse peaches and pat them dry with paper towels. Cut each peach in half and discard the pit.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove pork from fridge, discard marinating liquid.
- Grill chops until pork is opaque throughout and feels firm to the touch, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chops to a warm plate, cover with foil and let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle coconut oil over peaches. Place the peaches on the hot grill, flat side down, and cook until nicely browned, about 3 minutes. Turn gently and grill another 3 or so minutes, just until browned.
- Serve chops with grilled peaches on the side. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.