- 1/2 cup red beans
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lb tenderloin kabobs
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 5 roma tomatoes peeled and seeded, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 2-3 celery sticks, minced
- 1 mild long chili, cut into small circles
- 1 red pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine (Chardonnay)
- 2-4 tbls molasses
- Soak beans for 48+ hours, rinsing every 12 hours. Then slow cook in a crock pot for 6-8 hours.
- Once the beans have cooked for at least 6 hours, heat a skillet on high.
- Add the olive oil and spread around.
- Add the beef to sear one minute on each side.
- Add the pepper and salt to taste.
- Next, turn down the pan and without mixing add the tomatoes, onions, celery, chili, red and yellow peppers in that order over the top of the meat.
- Then poor the wine over the top and cover. let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes without stirring.
- When the juices from the softened vegetables start to accumulate, uncover and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Then pour the entire mixture into the beans and add the molasses with mixing.
- Cover and slow cook for an additional 1 to 2 hours.