The Recipe Corner
Oven-Fried Salmon Cakes
Author: Mel Joulwan
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can wild-caught pink or red salmon
- 1 cup cooked (or canned) sweet potato, mashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 scallions, white and green, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425F and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the liquid from the salmon and using your fingers, crumble the fish into a large mixing
bowl, removing the bones and flaking the fish.
- Add the sweet potato, eggs, almond flour, parsley, scallions, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, hot pepper sauce, paprika, black pepper, and lemon zest. Mix well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Brush the parchment paper with some of the melted ghee, then use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the cakes and drop them onto the parchment. The patties should be about 2 1/2 inches wide and about 1 inch thick. Brush the tops of the cakes with ghee, then bake for 20 minutes. Carefully flip each patty with a spatula and return to the oven. (Brush with more ghee if that tickles your fancy.) Bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and your sauce of choice. (see below!)