(Makes 12 pork ribs and salad for 2)
- 1 head savoy cabbage
Few small heads of assorted cabbage
- 1/2 c raisins
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, zested
For the Rib Rub:
- Chiffonnade the cabbage.
- In a big bowl, dress the cabbage with the remaining ingredients. Add the raisins. Serve cold or at room temperature.
For the Rib Marinade:
- Toast spices in a dry pan, then grind in spice grinder. Add cinnamon once the rest of the spices are ground.
- 1 tbsp whole fennel
- 1 tbsp whole white peppercorns
- 2 tsp whole Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 small piece of anise
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and marinate ribs overnight.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, zested
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Once you’ve toasted and ground the spices, rub the dry mixture generously over both sides of your ribs.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and coat ribs with sauce. Let them sit in the marinade, tightly covered, for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the ribs, preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking shit with foil and set a rack over it. Place the ribs on the rack and cover them with foil. Roast them for 30 minutes, then flip them, baste with the marinade, cover and roast for 30 minutes more.
- After an hour, uncover the ribs and blast the heat up to 450°. Baste the ribs again and roast until crispy and browned. Let rest before slicing.
Back to Top