The Recipe Corner
Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Author: Wellness Mama
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds of ground pork (or two pounds of Boston Butt, finely ground)
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt (I like this brand)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon of dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Optional: A dash of cayenne pepper and cloves (about ⅛ tsp of each)
- Combine ground pork with other ingredients and mix well.
- Form into 16 one-inch patties.
- Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
- To cook: Heat in skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side until cooked through.