If you think that making a beef roast is a long, difficult undertaking, think again. And if you think that a beef roast has to be large, think again.
U.S .Wellness Meats has introduced a wonderful new cut, the boneless loin roast. This roast, cut from the tender strip loin, is not only delicious, but very quick and easy to prepare. Its two-pound size is ideal for smaller families, or a couple. This version is inspired by traditional Northern European ways of flavoring roast meat, and the marinade is very simple.
But the results of this quick, easy recipe are utterly tender and delicious. Using mustard in a marinade may seem unusual, but it is common in Germany, Austria, France, and other European nations, and it really brings out the flavor of superior grassfed meat. The combination of mustard with U.S. Wellness Meats All Purpose Seasoning, which is a blend of traditional herbs and spices, makes for a very special roast. And it takes about 30 minutes in the oven.
1 U.S. Wellness Meats Boneless Loin Roast - 2 lb.
1 medium organic onion, peeled and cut into three roughly equal circles
For the Marinade
3 tablespoons unfiltered organic extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon U.S. Wellness Meats All Purpose Seasoning
1 tablespoon natural coarse-grained (with the brown seeds) mustard, preferably Dijon or German
- At least 1 hour before you plan to cook the roast, make the marinade. Combine the oil, seasoning, and mustard, and mix well. Place the roast in a glass bowl, and cover all surfaces with the marinade. Cover the bowl and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour. (Alternatively, you can marinate the roast in the refrigerator overnight, taking the bowl out of the refrigerator 1 hour before you plan to cook it, so the meat can reach a cool room temperature.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the onion slices in a row on a small roasting pan. Place the marinated roast on the onion slices, fat side up.
- Place the roast in the oven and cook for 30 minutes for a medium rare roast. Remove the roast from the oven, and let rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly, and enjoy the wonderful flavors of this easy delicious roast.