Balsamic Marinated Kabobs
Balsamic Marinated Kabobs - Alison Lewis
Makes 4 servings
4 (8 inch) wooden or metal skewers
1 pound package New York Strip or Tenderloin kabob meat
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small purple onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 (8-ounce) package whole button mushrooms
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water to cover 30 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Place beef in a resealable plastic bag or large shallow dish. Pour balsamic mixture over steak, tossing gently. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 8 hours or overnight).
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350F to 400F).
4. Remove beef from marinade and thread steak, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch between pieces. Drizzle kabobs with remaining 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
5. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.