Serves: 8-12 depending on size of Brisket
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2T cumin powder
- 2T Italian seasoning
- 1T garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ~1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Whisk together seasonings for rub and spread evenly over brisket, rubbing into meat.
- Place seasoned brisket in a 9x13 baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 325 F for 4-5 hours.
- Allow brisket to rest, covered, for 10-15 min. Slice very thinly “against the grain”.
Slow Cooker Curried Short Ribs
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 3T red curry sauce
- ¼c coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 1T apple cider vinegar
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 lbs short ribs
- For curry sauce, whisk together 1 can lite coconut milk + 3T red curry sauce + ¼c coconut aminos + 1T apple cider vinegar.
- Peel & roughly chop 2 onions.
- Place chopped onion, 2# short ribs & curry sauce into a slow cooker & cook over low for 10-12 hours (or high for 5-6 hr).
Butternut Squash, Swiss Chard & Bison Chorizo Hash
- 1 yellow onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 1 lb bison chorizo sausage
- Finely dice onion & garlic. Peel and chop sweet butternut squash into ~¼” cubes . Remove Swiss chard leaves from stem and finely chop both stem & leaves.
- In a very large sauté pan add ground bison chorizo, chopped onion & garilc, cook on medium-high heat for ~5min, breaking apart chorizo.
- Add chopped butternut squash and Swiss chard.
- Cover pan and turn heat to medium. Allow to cook ~15-20 min, stirring occasionally, until squash is cooked through. Taste and add S&P as needed.
- Best served with poached or fried eggs on top!